Sleep Dentistry | IV Sedation
If you’re worried about pain or discomfort when undergoing dental treatment – or have some concerns surrounding the anxiety that you may experience – then our sleep dentistry services may be the solution for you. We offer intravenous (or IV) sedation, which is a truly painless and worry-free treatment that will see you relaxed, comfortable and worry-free.
This form of sedation has several advantages over the kind of sedation that most people expect when visiting the dentist – oral sedation – as well as general anaesthesia:
- It has an exemplary safety record, with thousands of patients undergoing IV sedation every day
- It creates a satisfying and deep sleep state where patients are unaware of the procedure being undertaken, do not experience any pain and have little to no memory of the procedure itself. Many people consider this to be the greatest advantage of this process
- It has a quick recovery time, with patients normally ready to go home around 30 minutes after the procedure has taken place
- It is versatile and convenient – this process can take place right in the dental practice, and is totally safe for patients between eight and 70 years of age
- It lessens the need for further treatments, as methods that would normally take several appointments can be incorporated into one easy procedure.
Sedation is NOT just for fearful or apprehensive patients – it is especially useful for lengthy or traumatic procedures. If you have any questions about our sleep dentistry procedure in Sydney, or would like to discuss it as an alternative to other sedation methods, feel free to get in touch with us.